When the discussion of downloading YouTube videos comes up, there’s always a second subject question that arises: Is it legal? However, when it comes to copyright policies, as long as you’re downloading any Youtube video for your personal offline use, then you’re probably okay.
It’s more black than white when you come across Google’s terms of service for YouTube website or app, which reads as:
You shall not download any Content unless you see a ‘download’ or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content.
Because in a sense, watching the YouTube videos offline is like taking the money out of Google’s pocket and those of the content creators. There’s a reason YouTube runs pre-roll ads: people make their living that way.
But, if you still wish to download like some good videos, Ted Talks, etc. for educational and recreational purposes, then we have got a bunch of software and applications that’ll guide on how to How to download videos from YouTube.
1. OG YouTube
OG YouTube is a third-party modded Android application that features dozens of new extensive features that the official YouTube App lacks. It is developed by some a Russian Group which we officially don’t know about. Though YouTube allows you to download offline videos, not all of them are yet available due to Copyright issues.
So, the OGYouTube features an inbuilt YouTube video downloading option which entitles you to download the video that you’re watching in multiple formats and quality resolutions.
The app works directly and doesn’t require any other service. It supports multiple video downloads, 720p, 1080p Full HD, and MP3 audio downloads are also available on OGYouTube. Since it is a modded app, it is not available on the Google Play Store but you download it directly from our website.
2. KeepVid Video Downloader
Trust Me, KeepVid is the BEST! I’ve been using KeepVid website for more than half a decade now, and do mark my words, “It was the simplest and efficient at that time, ” and the thing gets more real when you also get an app and a desktop software by KeepVid as well.
All of the three platforms offer an array of features like YouTube video to audio converter, YouTube videos to MP3 songs, Online Video Conversion, direct video downloads. To let you know more about Keepvid, let’s get acknowledge by its features.
- Download Videos in MP3: Say if you want to download an interesting podcast or just a music tape from YouTube, then why shall you download the video as well? The KeepVid app and the Software offers a simple solution of downloading any video in standard audio MP3 which you can also use through its website.
- In-Built Browser and Search: Now, this is another useful feature that would save you a lot of time. If you’ve used the Keepvid website, then you must be aware that to download the video, you are required to copy its URL and then paste it for conversion. Well, the inbuilt app search allows you to do all of this on your smartphone.
- Share Anywhere: Download the videos, share them with your friends over Cloud, or save it on your external media storage offline.
- Multi-Task: Just like the OGYoutube app, Keepvid also allows you to download multiple video files simultaneously on the Cloud.
3. 4K Video Downloader
If you’re not yet satisfied with the endless downloading possibilities with the tools mentioned above, then here’s the ultimate one! Since we’ve already told you how to download videos from YouTube, then why this app?
Well, what if you wish to download the high-resolution videos from the website. In that case, 4K Video Downloader is the tool best fitted for your need. Available across multiple desktop platforms, this tool allows you to download 4K, 8K, and other standard resolution videos from YouTube.
Here’s a step by guide on how to download the videos
- Install the application on your desktop or laptop after downloading the software from its official website.
Quick tip: Before downloading a 4K video, please ensure that you have enough free space on your disk and close any random process. All it does is to increase the download speed and improve the performance of the tool.
- Go to youtube.com and search the 4K Video or any other video that you want to download.
- Copy the video URL and paste it 4K Video Downloader’s tool screen.
- Select the output format, 480p, 1080p or 4K, whatever you want.
- Click on Download the button, and the video will start downloading.
Since 4K resolution videos are pretty large. Therefore, the downloading speed of this tool should be an essential criterion.
Lucky for you, the software is a performance-oriented beast and offers a great downloading speed since the Bandwidth speed is not a problem in 2017. However, the 4K Video Downloader takes the most out of a device’s configuration and the hardware performance.